Re: [DNS] why the focus on ING?

From: Dominic Main <dominic_main§start.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:51:31 +1000
Dear Ari,

I forgot to mention that you may want to look at the whois info on
au.com. Here it is:

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Billing Contact:
      Main, Dominic  (MD437-ORG)  dmain&#167;NETREGISTRY.AU.COM
      NetRegistry Pty Ltd
      PO Box 2088
      Sydney, NSW 1043
      AU
      +61-2-9699 6099
      Fax- +61-2-9699 6088

You may want to remind Larry Bloch about those US laws you mention.

By the way, do you sell crappy.au.com domains Ari?

Original message from: Aristedes Maniatis <ari&#167;ish.com.au>

>Mr Bloch has done infinitely more for Australian people than you
have. I
>suggest that you take your insane rantings elsewhere and stop
clogging up
>this list.
>
>Let me see: your signature line lists www.netregistryhosting.com as
your
>personal web page.
>
>From whois:
>
>Main, Dominic  dmain&#167;netregistryhosting.com
>    123 Domain Way
>    Cleveland, Ohio 44114
>    US
>    123 456 7890
>
>Now you wouldn't be using a false address and phone number would you?
>Perhaps you should review US criminal law for the definition of
fraud. It is
>probably the same as Australian law. You may also want to examine the
>requirement of a name server for your domain: it makes it work a lot
better.

>If I were NetRegistry, at this point I would suing you for defamation
as
>well as passing off. Did you try to blackmail them into 'buying' your
>netregistryhosting.com domain name?
>

>Now go and bother some other people.
>
>Ari Maniatis
>

>on 12/9/01 3:35 PM, Dominic Main at dominic_main&#167;start.com.au wrote:
>
>> Larry Bloch is a con man, he sells canonical domain names as though
>> they are real names, he does not inform his clients truthfully
about
>> what they are really purchasing.
>

>-------------------------->
>ish group pty ltd
>7 Darghan St Glebe 2037 Australia
>phone +61 2 9660 1400   fax +61 2 9660 7400
>http www.ish.com.au | email info&#167;ish.com.au
>PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8
>
>--
>This article is not to be reproduced or quoted beyond this forum
without
>express permission of the author. 340 subscribers.
>Archived at http://listmaster.iinet.net.au/list/dns (user: dns, pass:
dns)

>.

Dominic Main