Re: [DNS] why the focus on ING?

From: Dominic Main <dominic_main§start.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:45:37 +1000
Dear Ari,

That is exactly what I am trying to do. Bring this out into the open.

Look how quickly you identified the legal implications of my actions
and yet you do not question the legal implications of NetRegistry
passing off au.com domains as legitimate entities.

You have not addressed any issues I have raised, just gone straight
for my credibility.

I am not the one who has sold thousands of crap.au.com domains to
misinformed Australians.

Original message from: Aristedes Maniatis <ari&#167;ish.com.au>

>Mr Bloch has done infinitely more for Australian people than you
have. I
>suggest that you take your insane rantings elsewhere and stop
clogging up
>this list.
>
>Let me see: your signature line lists www.netregistryhosting.com as
your
>personal web page.
>
>From whois:
>
>Main, Dominic  dmain&#167;netregistryhosting.com
>    123 Domain Way
>    Cleveland, Ohio 44114
>    US
>    123 456 7890
>
>Now you wouldn't be using a false address and phone number would you?
>Perhaps you should review US criminal law for the definition of
fraud. It is
>probably the same as Australian law. You may also want to examine the
>requirement of a name server for your domain: it makes it work a lot
better.

>If I were NetRegistry, at this point I would suing you for defamation
as
>well as passing off. Did you try to blackmail them into 'buying' your
>netregistryhosting.com domain name?
>

>Now go and bother some other people.
>
>Ari Maniatis
>

>on 12/9/01 3:35 PM, Dominic Main at dominic_main&#167;start.com.au wrote:
>
>> Larry Bloch is a con man, he sells canonical domain names as though
>> they are real names, he does not inform his clients truthfully
about
>> what they are really purchasing.
>

>-------------------------->
>ish group pty ltd
>7 Darghan St Glebe 2037 Australia
>phone +61 2 9660 1400   fax +61 2 9660 7400
>http www.ish.com.au | email info&#167;ish.com.au
>PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8
>
>--
>This article is not to be reproduced or quoted beyond this forum
without
>express permission of the author. 340 subscribers.
>Archived at http://listmaster.iinet.net.au/list/dns (user: dns, pass:
dns)

>.

Dominic Main