Fw: [DNS] why the focus on ING?

From: Dominic Main <dominic_main§start.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:36:50 +1000
Dear Saliya,

you do not own xxx.au.com
it is a canonical domain
its just like www.au.com

au.com is owned by Larry Bloch

if he sells it to someone, that person is not obligated by any
regulations whatsoever to do the right thing by you and every single
crap.au.com domain will vanish

I am not saying this will happen, just like if I told you yesterday a
plane would crash with terrorists into the pentagon you would laugh.

All I am saying is that it CAN happen, but not with a legitimate
domain name.

I know its hard to accept it when you have been scammed but, its OK,
it happens to all of us.

We just need to identify the scam and get rid of it.

Wouldn't you agree?

Original message from: Saliya Wimalaratne <saliya&#167;hinet.net.au>

>On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Dominic Main wrote:
>
>> Have we all forgotten that au.com has been the greatest predator of
>> domain name ignorance on this continent. Larry Bloch has been
selling
>> crap.au.com
>> for over 3 years. On their web site they state this:
>
>sorry, what is wrong with this again ? just because it is not a TLD
>doesn't mean it's not a valid domain name...
>
>Regards,
>
>Saliya
>
>--
>This article is not to be reproduced or quoted beyond this forum
without
>express permission of the author. 340 subscribers.
>Archived at http://listmaster.iinet.net.au/list/dns (user: dns, pass:
dns)

>.

Dominic Main