[DNS] Monetised

From: Sean K. Finn <Sean.Finn§ozservers.com.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:48:48 +1000
4.1 It is acceptable to register domain names under the close and
substantial connection rule for the explicit purpose of domain
monetisation within the category "a service that the registrant
provides". The "service" being provided by a domainer is the service of
providing users with information and advertising links about the subject
matter of the domain name.

The 'service' being provided is the service of providing users with
A) INFORMATIOn
*AND*
B) Advertising links.

On none of these domains can I see any information regarding the content
matter, but *ONLY* Advertising links.

This is what I am objecting to.

Even blogs would contain information relating to the domain along side
advertising links.

It is not the presence of Advertising, but the lack of anything useful,
(I,e, ACTUALLY PROVIDING A SERVICE) that I am objecting to.

-Sean.