[DNS] Monetised

From: Jon Lawrence <jon§jonlawrence.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:12:19 +0100
Sean

That's a fair point.

I would argue however that rather than having auDA spend it's time dealing
with complaints and making what can only be subjective judgements about
what constitutes "information" and "services" that we simply let the market
sort itself out.

I suspect that this business model is, in the long-term, pretty unsustainable
and that, in time, these sites will begin to disappear and/or those with
sufficient traffic will begin to be developed into "real" websites to maximise
the return to the registrant.

I think it's also worth considering that most "domainers" would rather sell
a domain name and realise an immediate return than to put up a PPC site
and watch the money trickle in.

Jon