[DNS] Monetised

From: David Jones <dj_david_jones§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 08:42:45 +0100 (BST)
--- James Andrewartha <trs80&#167;ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, David Jones wrote:
>
> [generics]
>
> > You may as well aboilish the Eligibility policy
> because now it adversely
> > affects those who wish to register a domain but
> not to monetise it. The
> > only criteria that should exist is that you are an
> Australian business
> > or citizen.
>
> Precisely - if this sort of abuse continues then a
> large proportion of
> generics will be monetised, and anyone who actually
> wants to establish a
> business using a generic domain name will be out of
> luck, unless they wish
> to purchase it from the current monetiser (which
> really shows that they
> are cybersquatting - see 4.5 below).
>
> So either auDA cracks down on this sort of abuse, or
> it should just open
> up the open 2LDs to anyone. As a side note, I see
> dwarfs.com.au is now a
> blank page, so having lost the income from their
> illegitimate
> monetisation, and unless the registrant comes up
> with something actually
> related to dwarfs, they'll let it expire in two
> years when it can be
> reused by anyone with a legitimate use for it.

If the domain was registered under the monetisation
policy a blank page does not meet the eligibilty
criteria. Therefore if a complaint is made regarding
the content of a monetised domain then the registrant
must comply with policy within 7 days or risk losing
the domain.

Hopefully they will find that monetisation of com.au
is not that lucrative after all.

DJ

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html