[DNS] Cybersquatting and secondary market

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 10:10:18 +1000
Dirk Hunter [DirkH&#167;stjohnqld.com.au] wrote:

> I definitely do not think that the restrictions on requirements for
> registrations (whether it be Aust citizen/resident for .id.au,
> commercial entity for .com.au, NFP for .org.au, etc) should not be
> lifted. The current requirements are working well.
>
> - What commercial entities that need a .com.au wouldn't already have an
> ACN/ABN?

overseas ones.

just as australian registrars sell .uk, .nz etc to australian companies that do business in
uk or nz  likewise overseas companies that sell into australian want .com.au

even a decade ago I battled the robert elzes for access into .com.au by
overseas companies and the xenophobia refuses to die.

Vic