[DNS] Cybersquatting and secondary market

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 19:08:56 +1000

I consider what you want here as a dillution of the namespace.  If we allow
entities without a clear presence in Australia, then it means the .com.au
namespace can be used by anyone.  I see value in the namespace being reserved
for those with a real presence here.

It is easy enough for international traders to establish a presence and comply
with the rules.  Making it easier for them doesn't mean it is better.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch