Re: [DNS] RE: bizcatalyst.com.au

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian§creative.net.au>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 15:50:57 +0800
On Sat, Sep 21, 2002, Mark Suter wrote:

> If the business being sold is incorporated, agreements and
> licenses need not be affected --- a company has a separate legal
> existence from its owners.
>
> If Example Pty Ltd were sold, there would be no change of
> registrant in the domain name licence for example.com.au --- the
> registrant would remain unaltered as Example Pty Ltd.

Yup, unless AuDA change their rules to cover change of entity
ownership. Franchises do this, for example (when you apply for
a franchise their contract will generally require you to
get _their_ approval before selling your company..)

Again, not very applicable (and personally, thats starting to get a bit out
of hand) _but_ .. well, I don't like the idea of .au becoming .com/.net/.org .
I personally think its doing a hell of a lot better..

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"<WeBGrrL> i WAS a lesbian.....but now i love everyone :P"
<adrian&#167;creative.net.au>