RE: [DNS] RE: bizcatalyst.com.au

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 10:10:24 +1000

The contents of a website can be sold/transferred.  That doesn't mean
the hosting arrangement can be.  It all depends on the original hosting
agreement.  Most hosting providers don't really care but I for one would
want to be sure that any agreements I have entered into aren't
transferred without my checking out who they are being transferred to.
For instance a website and hosting agreement may be transferred to an
undesirable client with a known bad credit history or a known criminal
(terrorist activist, whatever).

You can't sell what you don't own.  You can only make arrangements for
your current leases/agreements to carry over to the new person if the
other parties are satisfied.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch