Re: [DNS] RE: [Oz-ISP] Enetica .au Registry is screwed already

From: Michael-Pappas <auda§michael-pappas.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:26:17 +1000 (EST)
Kim,

> Resellers (and everyone) _should_ be restricted in the number of whois
> queries. Rather, there should be a domain availability service that is
> completely unrestricted (either via EPP, WHOIS, or some other
> protocol). This is what most other countries do - it allows you tosee
> if a domain is registered and nothing more. There is nothing else a
> reseller should need to know. WHOIS should be for determining contact
> information only.

I agree that whois should be (rate) limited and there should be a
availability service, but there is not and we have been Blacklisted by the
AusRegistry server. AusRegistry have no provisions for this for resellers
and as a cause this has hindered the running of our reseller channel.
Regards,

Michael-Pappas.