Re: [DNS] RE: [Oz-ISP] Enetica .au Registry is screwed already

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 13:36:02 +0200
Quoting Michael-Pappas on Tuesday July 02, 2002:
| > I am of course talking about the ridiculous policy about resellers only
| > > being able to make 20 whois queries ) ?
| Where is this one..?? I had a look and can't find it... 20.. what a joke..

Resellers (and everyone) _should_ be restricted in the number of whois
queries. Rather, there should be a domain availability service that is
completely unrestricted (either via EPP, WHOIS, or some other protocol).
This is what most other countries do - it allows you tosee if a domain
is registered and nothing more. There is nothing else a reseller should
need to know. WHOIS should be for determining contact information only.

kim