RE: [DNS] What is this?

From: Michael <michael§mediakinetix.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:14:09 +1000
I have not contributed to this list since my last posting on August 20th
which somehow led to my demise as an active contributor to this list.

Whether right or wrong,,,,,these contributions were driven by the
recognition of obvious problems with the way the administration of domain
names is currently conducted.  Clearly  the majority of this community would
still tend to agree.
So after finally having been added back to the list in the past week it's
been interesting to see just where things have progressed .
I see that from some of the remarks now, the group as whole has in fact
digressed. Personal insults, which at one point seemed to be destined for
court rooms, now flow with greater force than Mississippi. Constructive
criticism seems to have lost it's way.
However after having received the same mail as Dave Hooper earlier
oday( First time I think I have mentioned a contributor's name - no insults
though Dave ) , surely it's about time that this whole sordid tale of cloak
and dagger politics be pushed aside in the interest of the Industry itself.
Where did this information come from?  If someone bought it , then let's see
the receipt from the Administrator....the timing of it all is all very very
grey...and the prospecting comments ??....well let's just say that the only
way this can be justified is for proof of puchase of said client list from
the Administrator and when the company that purchased this information
started utilising it.

Perhaps its time this matter was officially referred to the higher
authorities, it seems that there is never any action taken here,,,, and the
occasional head through the door is no where near satisfactory.
If no proof can be forwarded to substantiate the origins of this
material,,,then clearly we have arrived at the point that so many were
concerned about.

Regards again

Michael Verga