[DNS] Monetised

From: David Jones <dj_david_jones§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 02:36:02 +0100 (BST)
--- Charlie McCormack <charlie&#167;mccormack.net.au>
wrote:

> David,
>
> Just for you, so you can enlighten yourself.
>
> The government holds reserve powers in relation to
> domain names with this
> Act.

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legislation/ActCompilation1.nsf/bodylodgment

attachments/790DA46F2738F924CA2571AB0019A525?OpenDocument

Yes and I am sure auDA is abiding by this act. They
are developing industry codes and policies if you wish
to challenge them then that is your legal right.

Perhaps you should read.

Domain Name Eligibility and Allocation Policy Rules
for the Open 2LDs (2005-01)
http://www.auda.com.au/policies/auda-2005-01/

Especially section 2

2.1 There are no proprietary rights in the domain name
system (DNS). A registrant does not ?own? a domain
name. Instead, the registrant holds a licence to use a
domain name, for a specified period of time and under
certain terms and conditions.

under certain terms and conditions
under certain terms and conditions
under certain terms and conditions

or perhaps this one.

Registrant Warranties Policy (2005-03)
http://www.auda.com.au/policies/auda-2005-03/

Section A

b) the registrant meets, and will continue to meet,
the eligibility criteria prescribed in auDA''s
published policies for the domain name for the
duration of the domain name licence;

Have fun!

DJ

PS. I am tired of this conversation it is going
nowhere. As I said, I will leave it to auDA to decide.
They have lawyers and I am sure they are well aware of
their rights. I will simply follow their procedures
regarding complaints and eligibility. If I do then
that is all I can do. If you follow policy then you
will have no worries and should have no need to defend
yourself. I have learnt that the only way to deal with
issues is through the official channels. On the other
hand I have every right to make my opinion heard, even
if it is to only several hundred subscribers to this
list. After all this is the .au DNS Discussion List.

All New Yahoo! Mail ? Tired of Vi&#167;gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html