[DNS] Monetised

From: Charlie McCormack <charlie§mccormack.net.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 01:01:28 +1000
Bad example, liquor licenses are issued by the government, the government
has set the laws.

Law enforces trade practices, not auDA, government has set these laws too.

auDA only sets the rules on the registration process and eligibility of
those domain names, they do not and can not restrict trade, period.

You can protect your brand through the IP laws, you don't need to register
all namespaces, and it's not the point, the point is only the government can
restrict what content can be displayed as I stated in a previous post.

> If auDA decides that as part of the licence agreement
> you are not allowed to host porn sites then it has
> every right to.

Oh please, they have no right. What makes you think they control content on
the Internet?

> The fact that there are already rules on who can
> register a .com.au or a .org.au could be argued as
> being a restriction on business. I personally would
> like to protect my brand by being allowed to register
> the .org.au version. I can't.

No it's not, that's' totally different. I'd like to know how you could argue
this point, being that you believe it could be argued as a restriction of
trade.