[DNS] Monetised

From: David Jones <dj_david_jones§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:24:35 +0100 (BST)
--- Jon Lawrence <jon&#167;jonlawrence.com> wrote:

> It is not within auDA's remit to set policies
> relating to the content of
> websites.

That is debateble.

If I buy a licence to sell beer and it states I can
only sell it between 9am & 12pm then I must abide by
that licence. By accepting the terms of the licence
then you are entering into a legally binding contract.
It is not a restriction of business, at the end of the
day if you don't agree with the terms then don't
accept them and open a milk bar instead.

If auDA decides that as part of the licence agreement
you are not allowed to host porn sites then it has
every right to.

The fact that there are already rules on who can
register a .com.au or a .org.au could be argued as
being a restriction on business. I personally would
like to protect my brand by being allowed to register
the .org.au version. I can't.

DJ