[DNS] Monetised

From: Jon Lawrence <jon§jonlawrence.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:52:44 +0100
>If the terms of the license they buy to have a domain name say they can

>only do this and that with it, then that is all they may do.
>The only question is if the terms are clearly defined, and able to be
>verified in a sensible fashion.

Yes, but those terms exist within the wider legislative framework.  If you
try to restrict a perfectly legal use of a domain name then you're just
asking for someone to challenge those terms in court, as a restrictive trade
practice under the Trade Practices Act or whatever.

It is not within auDA's remit to set policies relating to the content of
websites.

Jon