[DNS] Domain dispute heats up

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§snapsite.com.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 09:19:52 +1000
Vic,

So what you're saying then is that the market, thereby consumers, are
secondary to the desires of registrars?  Now that sounds like a really good
business model.

FYI I'm quite happy with the degree of regulation to which I'm subjected.
And my involvement is this debate is because, like it or not, we share the
same client base.  I suggest that if their needs are met, both your business
and mine prosper.  My business certainly depends on them - doesn't yours?

Despite your accolades to the contrary, I actually can't read the minds of
the market.  But I can - and do - listen to my customers, and therefrom
comes my business model.  So here's another one of those "penetrating rays
of sunshine in the darkness of ignorance" - If you want your customers to
buy your product, listen to what they say they want - or don't want - as the
case may be.  It's not a quick buck solution, but it's sure as hell
sustainable.

Your sober, dispassionate and rational response is a model of objectivity
and a real insight into your thinking.  Thank you.

Ron Stark