[DNS] france ditches magic number requirement Re: Domain dispute heats up

From: Edwin Groothuis <edwin§mavetju.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 22:00:41 +1000
On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 09:06:32PM +1000, Vic Cinc wrote:
> Edwin Groothuis [edwin&#167;mavetju.org] wrote:
> ...............................^^^
>
> I might point out your lack of support for the .au

In the last seven years I've lived in three different countries. I
couldn't keep my .de domain because I couldn't find somebody
interested in being the administrative contact (has to be a German
postal address). I couldn't keep my .nl domain because of the same
reason. Then I thought it was time to swallow the pride and get a
domain which was global.

My work addresses are all locally these days. That's one US domain
and a handfull of Australian domains.

I see that you're starting to fight the person instead of fight the
ideas/text I write. Interesting change of direction :-)

> it might not have struck you yet, but you are one of the people I am
> talking about and fighting for. obviously you rather spend your dollars
> creating US jobs rather then creating aussie jobs.

My private domain is registered at Gandi.net, a french registrar.
Specially chosen for that reason.

> your actions rather then your words makes my point for me loud and clear.

I sometimes wonder if people who register .au domains have to pay
a tax to keep the root-servers up and running.  I'm pretty sure you
can answer that question.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org