[DNS] france ditches magic number requirement Re: Domaindispute heats up

From: Larry Bloch <larry.bloch§netregistry.com.au>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 23:25:25 +1000
Edwin,

People who register .au names are too busy paying a tax to fund auDA's
empire building (auDA Foundation, auCD), its excessive international travel
budget, its executive's spending time getting themselves appointed to
irrelevant international forums, and lining the pockets of the registry with
unnecessary profits (probably not AR's fault, that one).

But hey, if we should be paying for a root name server, just ask auDA to
fund it - they have a few million sloshing around somewhere, I'm sure.

Larry