[DNS] Australia's luckiest man?

From: Dave <frm125§gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:18:32 +1000

> Correct... In fact, assuming "light banana" referred to the colour of the
> paint in question, they could register "colours.com.au<http://colours.com.au>"
> - as it's clearly
> related to a product or service they provide.

Are you seriously trying to say that one entity could legitimately register
ALL the domains in questions - we're talking about names as diverse as
toothpicks.com.au <http://toothpicks.com.au>,
tacos.com.au<http://tacos.com.au>and
taxicabs.com.au <http://taxicabs.com.au> ?

By your logic, if I owned a search engine, I could go and register ANY
available domain name as I'm providing a service for people searching for
information on toothpicks, tacos or taxicabs etc. What exactly is the point
of having any eligibility requirements if that's the case?