[DNS] Australia's luckiest man?

From: Kirk Fletcher <kirk§enetica.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:02:37 +1000
"Graham Miller":
> I'd better study the rules again... Looks like I am too conservative when
> advising my customers when they ask me to find them a suitable domain
> name.
>
> So are you saying that if a customer has a product called "purple haze
> generator" they could register purple.com.au? Is this where we are these
> days? This would mean that someone with a product called "Light banana
> paint" could register banana.com.au, yes?

Correct... In fact, assuming "light banana" referred to the colour of the
paint in question, they could register "colours.com.au" - as it's clearly
related to a product or service they provide.

Check the following for more info:

http://www.auda.org.au/policies/policy-index/

In particular:

http://www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2005-01/