[DNS] Time for the rules to change regarding transferringdomainname licences

From: Bennett Oprysa <bennett§enetica.com.au>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:43:23 +1000
Kim Davies wrote:

 > Firstly, this is a discussion forum designed for people to discuss
 > their views on matters relating to .au. The underlying theme of some
 > comments here recently that "non registrars should just shut up"
 > doesn't wash with me.

Neither does the repeated assertion that anything put forward by a
registrar is necessarily evil and for their own benefit.

The difference is that registrars represent the wishes of the vast
majority of domain buyers, whereas the non-registrars or resellers on
this list represent a totally insignificant percentage of the people
using .au domains. Your views are perfectly relevant, but are nowhere
near as important or representative as you like to think they are.

>   "For me, transfers should be as easy as can be. However that needs to
>   be weighed against potential outcomes that could be against the public
>   interest."
>
> What do you disagree with?

I didn't disagree with that specifically, my email was quite clear, go
back and read it again if you need clarification.

> You talk of empirical data, but on the unrelated issue of allowing
> overseas registrations, Vic trotted out a completely imaginary fact that

err... what's the connection? Vic has his opinions, I have mine. It may
be a huge surprise to you, but I don't actually agree with all his
points of view (much to his annoyance :)). Either way, it is an
unrelated subject, he was asking for another type of rule relaxation,
it's merits don't in any way impact on the issue of registrant transfer
rules.

Bennett.