Re: [DNS] Re: Whois & Spam

From: Michael Purse <pursey§gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:31:49 +1000
> Simply saying that it's auDA policy and therefore auDA's issue is a
> dereliction of duty of care of .AU DNS integrity and  a cop out. Clearly
> accepting there is an issue and working collaboratively - at the policy,
> regulatory and technical solution levels - is the way to address this.

Which is why I was concerned about the response from Adrian at
AusRegistry. It seems to show a hint of apathy.

Plus my opinion of AusRegistry is basically that they are inflexible
and operate with a closed mind. At least, that's my opinion based on
the comments about "no evidence" of WHOIS being used for harvesting.
If you truly think that WHOIS isn't being used for harvesting, you'd
be pretty naive.

I really, really, hope that auDA calls for submissions for the WHOIS
policy *real soon*. It's 12 months overdue for a review, and I feel it
needs change (and will enter a submission when they are called for).

Regards,

Michael Purse