RE: [DNS] Sneaky registrar transfer

From: Craig Ng <Craig.Ng§maddocks.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:43:02 +1000
well, this is charming indeed.

What is auDA supposed to do??  auDA does not have legislative control
or authority over the industry, merely contractual.  If the culprit is
not an accredited registrar (who signs an agreement with auDA - and
therefore bound by the terms) or a reseller (for whom an accredited
registrar - who has agreement with auDA - is responsible), then may I
ask you: how else do you "do anything about it".

Whilst auDA has previously pursued Federal Court actions against some
suppliers - that comes at significant costs.  No doubt, it will continue
to pursue such actions in appropriate circumstances.

Craig Ng
Partner
Maddocks

t  +613 9288 0523
f  +613 9288 0666
e  craig.ng&#167;maddocks.com.au

>>> rha&#167;juggernaut.com.au 16/07/03 8:17:14 am >>>
At 23:44 +1000 15/7/03, Tech Support wrote:

>Lets hope they get jumped on from a great height and get stopped.

They won't get jumped on and it won't stop.

auDA will say "they aren't a registrar and they aren't a reseller
of a registrar and therefore we can't do anything about it".

And these scamming scum will continue to rip off domain holders
and discredit the entire domain name industry in Australia.

Nice job, auDA.

...R.

Please do not retransmit articles on this list without permission of
the
author, further information at the above URL. (368 subscribers.)

Maddocks

Tel: (03) 92880555   International: +61 3 92880555
Fax: (03) 92880666   International: +61 3 92880666

Web: http://www.maddocks.com.au

The information in this electronic mail is privileged
and confidential, intended only for use of the individual
or entity named.  If you are not the intended recipient,
any dissemination, copying or use of the information is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission
in error please delete it immediately from your system
and inform us by email on info&#167;maddocks.com.au.