Re: [DNS] Consumer Alert

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:19:20 +0100
Quoting John Thomson on Thursday March 06, 2003:
| doesn't make sense to me. It is up to Auda to say to uregister you have
| breached our policy guidelines you have 14 days to show why you shouldn't be
| closed down.

auDA is not the government or a court and therefore can not simply
"close down" a company. What it can do is sever contracts. Post July 1
auDA setup agreements between registrars, resellers etc. so that they
can be prohibited from selling domains in events of breach.

The problem in this case, as I see it (and I am basing everything on the
DNS list which means I am sure not to know the full picture) is that
Bottle Domains doesn't consider uregister to be a reseller, rather an
"affiliate". Whatever the distinction, uregister is being left out of
auDA's grasp.

Bottle may consider it an "easy way out" to cease dealing with
uregister. I agree about the easy part. It is really easy for them to
cut off uregister's supply chain and solve the problem.

personal opinion, as always,

kim