RE: [DNS] Consumer Alert

From: John Thomson <john§hep10.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 19:55:29 +1000
I don't like being cynical but nobody is going to clean the Industry up. It
is only a matter of time before some Gold Coast company is set up to
telemarket to existing businesses for their domain renewal business. Why?
Simply it is an easy sell. The fear of losing a domain name will make them
easy prey and all they have to do is sign a simple form. Its virtually a one
call sell system. If any of you have telemarketing experience that
translates to fairly easy money for the right operator.

The only effective way to control it is via a controlling entity that has
power to hit them hard and fast. Auda is not that entity at this stage. It
is a toothless tiger. Yes a warning! Stop or I'll say stop again. Scary! I
agree with Richard but won't be holding my breath for it to happen. My
advice is get used to scammers but stop blaming the wrong people. There has
barely been a mention of uregister but poor old bottle has copped heaps. It
doesn't make sense to me. It is up to Auda to say to uregister you have
breached our policy guidelines you have 14 days to show why you shouldn't be
closed down.

That's not going to happen. Until it does focus your writing on making Auda
into a tiger with bite and get off bottles back. Has uregister covered this
scam in their domain warning system? I bet not. They don't even use
Australian hosting services so we should all be hammering them. Support
Australian businesses and promote fair trading for all.

Getting off my soapbox now. Flame away.

John
www.hep10.com