RE: [DNS] WHOIS lookups

RE: [DNS] WHOIS lookups

From: Chris Berkeley <magic2147§optushome.com.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:32:11 +1000
On 30 Aug 2002 at 11:56, Adrian Kinderis wrote:

Send reply to:  	dns&#167;lists.auda.org.au
From:           	"Adrian Kinderis" <adriank&#167;ausregistry.com.au>
To:             	<dns&#167;lists.auda.org.au>
Date sent:      	Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:56:46 +1000
Subject:        	RE: [DNS] WHOIS lookups

> All,
> 
> Why don't you call me directly to have your questions answered? I will
> be happy to. It sure would save you time (although you seem to have
> plenty of it).
> 
Well I can type nearly as fast I can think - make of that what you will.

> You are correct that RegistrarsAisa and AusRegistry have the same fax
> address. However the distinction between the businesses could not be
> greater. AusRegistry is a wholesaler of some .au domains to registrars
> (I can't believe I have to point this out...) and RegistrarsAsia is a
> retailer of gTLD's and a few "other" country codes. We have honoured a
> commitment to auDA and have passed on all existing .au clients at the
> time of transition. We also made this public in every press release and
> media opportunity. 
> 
Yes but RegistrarsAsia is a full service internet shop too.

> The distinction is important to us as I gather it is important to you.
> 
Is it? If it is why have you not seperated yourself entirely from the activities of 
RegistrarsAsia (I am presuming that you are wearing your Ausregistry hat here).

> We are not about to compromise our contractual agreement with auDA for
> the sake of a few names.
> 
Well so you say.

> "Data Sharing" is of no interest to us - we will never compromise the
> integrity of the .au database and will vigorously rebut any inference
> that this is the case. As for cross over of staff - to what end? How
> would this help?

Again why don't you and your co director Delzoppo stand down from one or other entity.

> Sorry to shoot your conspiracy theory down, cb but it is not based in
> any logic nor fact.
> 

Not a conspiracy theory. The publically  available records clearly show that you both are 
fufilling to two jobs which have clear conflicts of interest.

> Cb said "What is the position of the clients of Ausregistry if they wish
> to licence a .au domain?"
> The clients of AusRegistry are the Accredited registrars - if they want
> a name they register one????

Oops I did mean in fact RegistrarsAsia. Sorry. The question should have read, "What is 
the position of the clients of RegistrarsAsia if they wish  to licence a .au domain?"
 
> Cb also said "The situation is analagous to the roles of an insurance
> company and an insurance broker. The law prevents one from acting as the
> other. An insurance broker if they own an insurer must operate it at
> arms length and vice versa. I cannot see how the circumstances here are
> any different."
> 
> Look harder - not even closely the same - two completely separate
> markets and products. 

Hardly - the situation is entirely analagous. Insurance brokers did attempt to argue the 
same way as you and in the long term the laws of several countries have been changed 
to prevent them from wearing two hats.

> In the same vain as your writings... if you have a question Chris
> Berkeley why don't you call me direct? 
> 

Because these issues should be aired openly and for others to be privy to.

cb
Received on Fri Oct 03 2003 - 00:00:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Mon Nov 24 2014 - 20:00:12 UTC