RE: [DNS] WHOIS lookups

From: Adrian Kinderis <adriank§ausregistry.com.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:56:46 +1000
All,

Why don't you call me directly to have your questions answered? I will
be happy to. It sure would save you time (although you seem to have
plenty of it).

You are correct that RegistrarsAisa and AusRegistry have the same fax
address. However the distinction between the businesses could not be
greater. AusRegistry is a wholesaler of some .au domains to registrars
(I can't believe I have to point this out...) and RegistrarsAsia is a
retailer of gTLD's and a few "other" country codes. We have honoured a
commitment to auDA and have passed on all existing .au clients at the
time of transition. We also made this public in every press release and
media opportunity.

The distinction is important to us as I gather it is important to you.

We are not about to compromise our contractual agreement with auDA for
the sake of a few names.

"Data Sharing" is of no interest to us - we will never compromise the
integrity of the .au database and will vigorously rebut any inference
that this is the case. As for cross over of staff - to what end? How
would this help?

Sorry to shoot your conspiracy theory down, cb but it is not based in
any logic nor fact.

Cb said "What is the position of the clients of Ausregistry if they wish
to licence a .au domain?"

The clients of AusRegistry are the Accredited registrars - if they want
a name they register one????

Cb also said "The situation is analagous to the roles of an insurance
company and an insurance broker. The law prevents one from acting as the
other. An insurance broker if they own an insurer must operate it at
arms length and vice versa. I cannot see how the circumstances here are
any different."

Look harder - not even closely the same - two completely separate
markets and products.

In the same vain as your writings... if you have a question Chris
Berkeley why don't you call me direct?

Enjoy.

Adrian Kinderis
MD - Sales and Marketing