Re: [DNS] MelbIT and INP love loss?

From: Ian&#167;Lemonstone <auda§lemonstone.com.au>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 22:38:39 +1000
on 7/9/02 10:13 PM, Mark Hughes at effectivebusiness&#167;pplications.com.au
wrote:

> 3. If I was a Reseller, the agreement / contract that I got the User to
> click on / agree to when I got their business would be worded in such a way
> that I as Reseller had the authority to choose the Registrar.  There are
> probably a few similar issues to do with the authority of Resellers acting
> for Registrants that only some months of time and experience using the new
> system & Registry/Reseller/Registrant heirarchy will resolve in detail.

According to the Registrar Agreement

15.6 Reseller to Identify Relationship
The Registrar procures that the Reseller will identify its relationship with
the Registrar for which it is a reseller:

Does this not mean that a Reseller must state who it is a Reseller for. I
would assume that if a reseller had agreements with multiple Registrars they
would be obliged to state these facts.

If all of the registrars have signed this agreement why do I find it very
difficult to find a reseller who states this information.

I can see the dilemma. Do I tell my customer who I am a Reseller for and
thereby run the risk of the customer going direct to the Registrant.

Ian.