RE: [DNS] Internet Registry

From: David James - The Pagesmith <david.james§pagesmith.com.au>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:34:11 +1000
I too have received "invoices" from Internet Registrations Australia for
each of my clients - enough of them to paper a wall. The misleading
statement from these people (who I call the IRA) in a tear-off coupon
states "Total Due" followed by a dollar amount calculated by them for
each of the domains you don't have - but could have. I have one for a
client to the value of $990.00.  But .... I (or they) could win a trip
to Fiji, it says!

Nowhere on the form does it indicate the period of renewal but the price
is $198.00 - so I would presume it is for the standard 2 year period.

A trap for the innocent if ever I saw one.

David James