Re: [DNS] Accountability

From: Malcolm Miles <mgm-ns§tardis.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 08:28:51 +1000
On Mon, 01 Jul 2002 20:47:39 +1000, you wrote:

>I was rejected for a domain name incorrectly (registered as a exact match
>from my business name, No difficult decisions there) and subsequently a
>third party registered the domain instead.

I was also rejected for an id.au domain name as the registrar was
incorrectly applying the place names reserved list to id.au requests.
Once this was sorted out with a call to auDA the domain was processed
within a couple of hours. Unfortunately the links on this registrar's
Web site to delegate the domain were broken so I have the domain but
no way to use it.

At another registrar, there has been still no confirmation of an id.au
domain requested yesterday morning - "it's in the queue" was all they
have been saying.

Another registrar was unable to process a transfer of a .net.au name
because their Web scripts had not been setup. "It should be ready in
few days" was all they could say, but as my name is due to expire on
the 7th, I will be looking elsewhere.

Also I found lots of broken links on the various registrar's Web
pages.

It seems that the domain name industry, an industry where one would
have expected, or hoped for, a high level of IT professionalism, has
failed to deliver a fully working solution on time.

--
Best wishes,
Malcolm