RE: [DNS] Undesirables on this list

From: Harry Hoholis <webmaster§webaccess.com.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 20:38:11 +1000
Don,

Raising an eyebrow is not enough. The NetRegistry campaign you descibe is
still
going on. No action to stop them misleading the general public and profit at
the
expense of others ignorance has been taken, and this is intollerable.

Our acceptance of NetRegistry's conduct these past few years has resulted in
the dark ages of the au namspace. NetRegistry are now running a campaingn
where anyone who speaks out against them is branded as a witch and burnt at
the stake. While they simultaneously brand the aunic web site with their
advertising, and logos.

Middle ground is not what is needed, an even playing field must be the goal.
An even playing field is the best way to foster and support this industry.
This cannot
be achieved while:

1. NetRegistry hosts the aunic database.
2. NetRegistry misleads the unaware in regards to au.com
3. auDa continue with the proposed domain auctioning.

These issues are not just going to go away, and must be dealt with in a
manner
that restores an even playing field, before we can truly move on.

Harry