Re: [DNS] geographic names

From: Doug Robb <doug§>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 10:26:07 +0800 (WST)
On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Ron Ipsen wrote:

> Why should they be? to whom? and under what circumstances? is a the
> question at hand.
> If no answer is found then I would guess that the current embargo would
> continue.

Just as a slight aside that is a question I have been
wrestling with for a few years with developing a set
of geographic names owned by Clarity.

We have registered all and .net
combinations for Australia except
(which was the only one that was was taken)

eg,,, etc.

Now I have a number of my own ideas on how they could
be best used but actually picking a decent option
(either from a commercial point of view or being
benevolent and contributing something to the benefit
of Australian net users in general) is not as simple
as you might think.

A fragmentation of different uses of different geographical
names is probably not the best option for deplying these so
coordinating their use is something that is desirable I think.
(be it the names above or within '' for

regards doug

Doug Robb
Clarity Software Pty Ltd
GPO Box 763                   Phone: 0403 02 2527
Nedlands 6909                 Fax:   (618) 93867564
Australia                     email: doug&#167;