Re: [DNS] .au space proposal

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.net.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 16:13:58 +1100
Ron Ipsen [ron&#167;comu.net.au] wrote:

> Try not to confuse the dns (in whatever technical protocol/form) with the
> namespace. They are really 2 different aspects

this statement makes me think you dont understand the link between
dns and the name space. the name space is intimately tied to the dns,
there is no guarantee that future protocol will have a similar hierarchical
name space conventions.

> >dns is not a national treasure, it is not a national asset. it s currently
> >being privately exploited by a couple of australian private companies for
> >the benefit of their shareholders.
>
> One view I spose.

I really dont see how its a "view" and not a fact. if you feel
the name space is a nation property or asset, then feel free to enlighten me.

> >it is a name space lent to us for a global protocol that may or may not
> >persist.
>
> The protocol may or may not persist, and yes indeed its longevity is in
> doubt. The naming conventions of the namespace however are quite a
> different matter.

and what guarantee do you have that the name space specification will not change
with a new protocol????? none.  qwerty myopia.

Vic