Re: [DNS] Place Names

From: <m§rk.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:07:17 +1100
Having a name or not having a name doesn't mean anything. There are always
new names to be created, you just have to be creative. Look at the big
sites - amazon.com, yahoo.com, altavista.com, thehun.net - none of these
names mean anything and yet they have no problems simply because they
managed to think further than "book.com".
What interests me more is why we even bother with second-level domains like
.com.au or whatever - I'd much rather have domainname.au and do away with
the whole .net.au, .asn.au crap.

Cheers,

MArk