Re: [DNS] DNS Place Names

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:02:36 +1000
Hi David

> I am not a lawyer but there has to be a simple way around this over
> protective area.

I'm fairly familiar with the system and can't think of much.

> I can understand the use of major place names but "a paddock" near
> Tamworth??

Under the present system, the only recourse is through the Council.  Perhaps
they'd change the place name to Appleby Creek or Appleby Paddock if you
offered enough compensation?  That'd distinguish the name.  I'd give that a
try.

Otherwise you could make a submission to the Australian Domain Authority
(auDA) for consideration as part of their current review of the system.

Sorry we can't help more.

Regards
Patrick Corliss