Re: [DNS] ENOUGH is ENOUGH (fwd)

From: Paul Foxworthy <paul§cohsoft.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 18:57:05 +1000
At 16:17 21/07/1998 +1000, Vic wrote:
>week long delegations cant be classified
>to be working in this gracious year of our lord 1998 can they?

Yes, they can.

It takes far more than a week to plan, execute and publicise an effective
Internet presence. Making the domain name registration into the critical
path suggests, as others on this list have said, lack of planning.

How long would it take to get a new bus registered before Lifeline could
use it? To get a trademark or business name registration? To get title
transferred for a donated building or piece of land?

If I was treasurer of a non-profit like Lifeline, I would a choose a free
domain name registration that took a week or two in preference to an
instantaneous one that cost money.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

---- Coherent Software ------------- http://www.cohsoft.com.au/ ----
For interactive Web sites, catalogues, shopping carts, etc.
Member Aust. Web Publishers' Assoc.     http://www.awpa.asn.au/
Ask about our book "Genealogy on the Internet" - 3rd ed. out now!
Aust. Family History Compendium at http://www.cohsoft.com.au/afhc/
PGP Key: ftp://ftp.cohsoft.com.au/pub/pgpkeys/coherent.asc