Re: [DNS] ENOUGH is ENOUGH (fwd)

From: Robert Elz <kre§munnari.OZ.AU>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 16:37:49 +1000
    Date:        Tue, 21 Jul 1998 16:17:56 +1000 (EST)
    From:        vicc&#167;cia.net.au

  | I warned them
  | that .org.au times for delegation can be totaly random and they
  | should contact Robert Elz directly for help. they did, he was totaly
  | unsympathetic from what I am told.

I think someone rang me about it exactly once - a little earlier today.
As I recall, I told them it was near the front of the queue now and should
be done soon (providing the servers are configured correctly, which I told
them I expected they probably would be - it is possible that whoever I
was talking to wasn't really understanding what I was saying about DNS servers
though I guess).

  | lifeline have a truckload of
  | material waiting at the printers for approval to be printed,

Why??   The domain has been registered for ages now.  This isn't a case
where they need to wait to see if the name will be approved, it already
has been, ages ago.   They might want to hold off distributing printed
stuff until the domain actually works, but they can certainly go ahead and
have the printing done - the name isn't going to have to change, or anything
odd like that (or not unless they decide it should).

kre