Re: [DNS] ENOUGH is ENOUGH (fwd)

From: <vicc§cia.net.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 15:06:23 +1000 (EST)
>_From: Narelle Clark
>
> Folks,
> I have to say that I think this sort of post is unacceptable.

let me tell you what is unacceptable: is that lifelines youth suicide
prevention program is on hold becuse the URL is sitting in MR Elz queue
and has been siting there for a week. THAT IS WHAT IS UNACCEPTABLE.

we are talking human lives here peoples. I dont care about petty nonsence
and dns backstabing and politics I want a system that works and works promptly.

the time for volunteers staffing dns queue is finito. gone. history. O-V-E-R.

have just been talking to the people at lifeline and I am extremely pissed off
and will remain so until this farce we called dns is corrected.

there was an offer to host a dns forum form the ASX? with video hook up: ignored.

MIT and Robert Elz have not contributed in the  slightlest in any meaningfull
fashion to the debate. and to my shame the IIA has not made a peep either.
NOIE seem to be ploughing one with there head in the sand trying to work
out what a stakeholder is.

when is the promised dns forum going to happen?

people out here are being seriously inconvenianced and in some cases
really suffering at the mercy of the dns system.

the youth suicide prevention program is an important government funded
program and it has been sitting there waiting for a week now because the
egos in the dns system are so large that no one is willing to budge to
improve it.

shall we count the number of suicides that may have been prevented in the last
week if the entire program had not been stalled? I am ashamed to be an ISP
at times like this.

Vic Cinc
charmain CIA
director IIA