Re: DNS: Re: [apnic-talk] Intresting Info for refrence possibly?

From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1§ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 23:05:37 +0100
Boz and all,

Boz Cappie wrote:

> At 04:54 23/06/98 +0100, Jeffrey Williams wrote:
> >Mathias and all,
> >
> >Mathias Koerber wrote:
>
> >/snip

> Hill Technology Park
> number is in Australia.
> >>
> >> So, now it would be interseting to know where Jeff thought
> >> C&G, Traeger Ct Fern Hill Technology Park is, as he said he did check...
> >>
> >> Jeff?
> >
> >  It didn't look like a valid address in the Internics Database.  This is
> common though
> >for some entries in the Internics whois Database.  My mistake was not
> checking
> >with SATAN as I usually do to be sure.  Hence my error.  Again I apologize.
> >I should have done a second check and did not.
>
> \unsnip
>
> Jeffrey (or can I be real friendly and call you Jeff?),

  Sure call me Jeff anytime.  >;)

> You say (and I quote, in all seriousness)
>
> <<"My mistake was not checking with SATAN as I usually do to be sure.
> Hence my error.">>
>
> Well, what can I say ...? Forces of darkness vs those of light. Guess who
> wins ... ?

   I am taking it that your are saying this in jest.  I am talking about SATAN
the
Network monitoring software.  We have our own version that has some
specific upgrades and enhancements called SATAN Plus!

> I, personally, would never rely on "SATAN" to give me a straight answer -
> at any time. *Heehee*

  Very funny!  >;)

> (O.K - well, yes, I know exactly what SATAN is, having used the programme a
> couple of years ago, but still, don't you think you've allowed yourself to
> be exposed to technical AND philosophical ridicule by making such a *silly*
> and, essentially, *lame* excuse.)

  Well ridicule, maybe.  Lame, no.

> Satan, indeed ...
>
> Whatever happened to good ol' flatfooted hardcore research????

  Nothing wrong with that.  But in todays need for immediate answers for
technologyconcerns and Internet routing FlatCoot research is usually invalid by
the time
you are done with that research.  Hence the huge demand for Network management
and monitoring tools such as SATAN and Enterprise Network (Sun).

> (And, yes, I know I said yesterday that I was "outta this list", but I
> can't resist hanging in to glean material for my next stand up comedy show
> ...)
>
> -- reality is what you can get away with --
>
> Boz Cappie
> Lecturer
> Institute of Interactive Multimedia
> University of Technology, Sydney
> PO Box 123, Broadway NSW 2007
> Australia

 Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.