Re: DNS: Re: [apnic-talk] Intresting Info for refrence possibly?

From: Boz Cappie <B.Cappie§hum.uts.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 21:05:46 +1000
At 04:54 23/06/98 +0100, Jeffrey Williams wrote:
>Mathias and all,
>
>Mathias Koerber wrote:

>/snip

>> |        Mark, do you have a reading dificiency.   C&G, Traeger Ct Fern
Hill Technology Park
>> |      is not in Australia last time I checked.  Oh sure the contact
number is in Australia.
>> |      So what?
>>
>> So, now it would be interseting to know where Jeff thought
>> C&G, Traeger Ct Fern Hill Technology Park is, as he said he did check...
>>
>> Jeff?
>
>  It didn't look like a valid address in the Internics Database.  This is
common though
>for some entries in the Internics whois Database.  My mistake was not
checking
>with SATAN as I usually do to be sure.  Hence my error.  Again I apologize.
>I should have done a second check and did not.

\unsnip

Jeffrey (or can I be real friendly and call you Jeff?),

You say (and I quote, in all seriousness)

<<"My mistake was not checking with SATAN as I usually do to be sure.
Hence my error.">>

Well, what can I say ...? Forces of darkness vs those of light. Guess who
wins ... ?

I, personally, would never rely on "SATAN" to give me a straight answer -
at any time. *Heehee*

(O.K - well, yes, I know exactly what SATAN is, having used the programme a
couple of years ago, but still, don't you think you've allowed yourself to
be exposed to technical AND philosophical ridicule by making such a *silly*
and, essentially, *lame* excuse.)

Satan, indeed ...

Whatever happened to good ol' flatfooted hardcore research????

(And, yes, I know I said yesterday that I was "outta this list", but I
can't resist hanging in to glean material for my next stand up comedy show
...)

-- reality is what you can get away with --

Boz Cappie
Lecturer
Institute of Interactive Multimedia
University of Technology, Sydney