Re: DNS: .AU Board of Trustees Election - NOT

From: <me§tony-barry.emu.id.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:09:48 +1000
At 4:56 PM 1998/06/22, Larry Bloch wrote:
>To Robert Elz: Are you interested in the industry as a whole putting its
>efforts together towards reforming the .AU namespace? Will you participate?
>And if not, what would change your mind?

I am alarmed by the thought of only industry (if that means commercial
interests) running the .au namespace. I am perfectly happy however for them
to run the .com.au namespace. As somebody who sat in organisations in
.edu.au; is associated with bodies which sit in .org.au; and as I now sit
in .id.au I'd rather we looked after our own areas.

Policies for .au, are matters in which  the whole internet community should
be involved.  I would imagine that many members of this list for instance,
would not describe themselves as "industry".

Tony

   mailto:tonyb&#167;netinfo.com.au      | Ningaui Pty Ltd
  mailto:me&#167;Tony-Barry.emu.id.au    |   GPO Box 1680
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/Tony.Barry | Canberra ACT 2601
      Phone +61 4 1242 0397         |     AUSTRALIA