Re: [DNS] Should there be a DNS list FAQ?

From: Ron Ipsen <ron§comu.net.au>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:15:26 +1000
At 09:36 26/06/98 +1000, you wrote:

> and I'd like to prove journalists aren't all negative story-hungry
>bastards ;-)

 Now _THAT_ may take a bit of doing <G>

 The FAQ sounds like a good idea, would give some structure and history.
What do others think?

 I would also like to suggest that seeing some of the "on the ball"
blokes/blokettes around here have come up with some very good lists of
discussion points and action items that these require further expansion and
discussion.

 The discussion of multiple issues on a "flat" format such as listservers is
difficult. Perhaps a threaded discussion board could be used to follow these
through as well. That would also give us a history/archive. I will have a go
at getting one up by the end of the day, post the url, and see what the
majority thinks.

 BTW. not everyone has the luxury of "reply to all/reply to sender" on their
mailers. I _personally_ find it a nuisance when a list reply goes auto only
to the individual poster. I have to cut and paste the list address into the
header, or make another nickname and do a "reply to <scroll down list>" i
kinda liked it the way it was. Maybe I'm just old fasioned about my
netiquite standards, but thats how I set the defaults up on my lists also.

Ron

Ron Ipsen,
Managing Director,
Gippsland Internet Pty Ltd