Re: [DNS] Progress so far.

From: Richard Archer <rha§interdomain.net.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 15:54:50 +1000
At 15:06 +1000 25/6/98, Larry Bloch wrote:

>Can it be taken that this forum is tasked with debating all issues relating
>to management of the entire .AU space and that part of this is determining
>a body to action this lists wishes?

I'm starting to feel that competition in .COM.AU will probably take care
of itself. Once there are a few potential competitors with a bit of clout,
they'll call in the ACCC.

While it can be said "it's technically impossible to have competition", it
would be futile to call in the ACCC. However, as soon as shared registry
software is available, I would expect some action in this area.

I think the timeline for this forum to hammer out some consensus should take
this into account, and we should aim to have a .AU oversight body established
and recognized by the time .COM.AU starts to blow up :)

 ...Richard.