Re: [DNS] .AU can continue to reflect the TLDs [was: the roadahead]

From: Larry Bloch <larry§>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:19:06 +1000
At 11:25 24/06/98 +1000, you wrote:
>  comprehend. I find .UK and .CAa just a tad confusing since those
>  two ccTLDs have chosen NOT to reflect the 3-letter TLDs.
>Historically, both predate most peoples involvement in DNS. was
>defined before there was widespread membership of ARPANet, and before DNS
>was deployed in itself. Canada has been attached to the network for a very
>long time. You also fail to mention .NZ in this context.

Please remember that people in the UK don't find at all confusing.
In fact they view as confusing because they are used to two letter

The point is that there are no absolute's here. There is no one right way.
The way forward is to decide on and impolement a policy that is
representative, accountable, manageable and agreed upon by as broad a
section of 'stakeholders' as we can manage.

>I agree there may be room for confusion, but I don't think there is an
>George Michaelson         |  DSTC Pty Ltd
>Email: ggm&#167;    |  University of Qld 4072
>Phone: +61 7 3365 4310    |  Australia
>  Fax: +61 7 3365 4311    |
>Email "unsubscribe" to dns-request&#167; to be removed.

Larry Bloch
Chief Executive Officer
NetRegistry Pty Limited
email:  larry&#167;
Office: +61-(0)2-9555 6299
Fax:    +61-(0)2-9555 5808
Domain House, PO Box 2088, Sydney, NSW 1043