Re: [DNS] the first step

From: Larry Bloch <larry§>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:14:23 +1000

At 11:09 24/06/98 +1000, you wrote:
>At 10:24 +1000 24/6/98, Simon Hackett wrote:
>>In other words, Robert, would a process with a measurable outcome (for
>>instance, an electronic vote, one vote per person, held by polling members
>>of this list) in which the vote was at least 80% in favour of a specific
>>outcome, be sufficient for you to deem it to be 'consensus' and to agree to
>The danger I see here is that the members of this list may not be
>representative of all parties who would be effected by the outcome
>of the vote.
>I imagine 'interested parties' at this stage are probably dominated
>by prospective commercial DNS users or registrars. Those people may not
>make decisions that are in the best interests of future DNS users.
>Also, if past experience is anything to go by, 80% support in this forum
>for any course of action would be a pipe dream.

Over 80% of respondees agreed that the old list had too much noise,
resulting in the existance of this list.

Sometimes we do get things done :-)
>That said, I certainly agree that some targets to work towards need
>to be defined.
>Yours sincerely,
>Richard Archer.
>Email "unsubscribe" to dns-request&#167; to be removed.

Larry Bloch
Chief Executive Officer
NetRegistry Pty Limited
email:  larry&#167;
Office: +61-(0)2-9555 6299
Fax:    +61-(0)2-9555 5808
Domain House, PO Box 2088, Sydney, NSW 1043