Re: [DNS] New DNS list start and name

From: Antony <antony§sydney.healey.com.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:48:53 +1000 (EST)
> In the mean time, I'd like to suggest that the new list have "au" in
> its name (eg: au-dns or dns-au)
> (1) To underline the point that this is just for Australian DNS,
>     not for discussions of alternate roots, gTLDs, InterNIC, etc.
> (2) To differentiate this list from the previous one (some people
>     like to tell from the Subject: which list it is from).

I trust you mean the [DNS] bit be changed to  [DNS-AU] or [AU-DNS]  and not
the email address be changed. This could mean everyone re-subscribing to
another list... messy.

Also, a total exclusion on 'other' DNS should not happen. Yes, the focus
should be on the Australia DNS, but issues external should be open for
discussion if they might potentially impact us. Eg, there was discussion one
time about having to pay licencing fees on subdomains without our own domain
names.

Antony.

  Antony Healey		ISOC-AU Founding Member		Ph:  +61 2 9834 6055
  General Manager					Fax: +61 2 9834 6249
  Healey Communications Australia  --  Giving you the world...