Re: DNS: ADNA has a LONG way to go.

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 15:56:57 +1000
>The ADNA board has two positions reserved for Registrars.

This is GREAT, although TWO seems restrictive what is there are 20
Registrars?  Some don't get a say?

>Those positions are filled by persons elected by Associate
>Members (Registrars).  This is similar to the CORE proposal
>where two Registrars elected by CORE have positions on POC.

Whoops there is that CORE/IAHC thing again.  Care should be taken when
comparing oneself to CORE, it's not exactly "public" consensus.

>Like the POC - CORE process, I believe it is important to
>have those positions for Registrars to provide input.
>Registrars have rights too.

And how many seats on the board for the "general public" ??

You know, people like my Mother and Father who are just starting to use
Internet, or those millions of users out there who are directly affected by
anything that happens to DNS?

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convey Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net