Re: DNS: .biz.au or .co.au

From: Geoff Huston <gih§telstra.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 10:36:16 +1000
How does this cover the action along the hypothetical lines of:

"You are using my name acme in your use of acme.com.au. I have
 been damaged. The registry is a party to this action. I wish to you sue
 you and the registry for damage you have done to my company."

Interplead all you like - its not the right to use the name thats the massive
issue - its the damages arising from misuse of someone else's
name which cause the largest gleam in the lawyers' sights.

Geoff

--
Geoff.Huston&#167;telstra.net

Network Technical Manager    Locked Bag 5744,
Telstra Internet             Canberra  ACT  2601
                             AUSTRALIA

ph  +61 6 208 1908
fax +61 6 248 6165

And as a quick postscript to those cut and paste reporters lurking
out there...

Copyright of this message is asserted by Geoff Huston
Permission to reproduce this message in whole or in part in any medium
other than the Internet is expressly NOT provided by the copyright owner.